Custom Search

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ma Maison, Bugis Junction

A few hours after savouring MOS burger, it's time for dinner. Since I missed Ma Maison the first night, and I happened to be in Bugis Junction. So, yes Nipples Joe got it right, my dinner for that night is at Ma Maison.



Japanese Western fusion.





Open kitchen concept.




Nice European ambience.

I didn't made any reservation, and the queue is quite long. Lucky for me that I was alone, so I was seated at the bar like table but instead of the bar tender, I was facing the chefs. There's a glass covering the kitchen of course, if not the strong flame will have burned me. LOL.



I ordered beef tataki salada as the starter.



Just the right colour for a beef tataki.

Using the Wafu (Japanese stlye) salad sauce goes very well with the beef tataki. It won't makes you feel weird eating the almost 90% raw beef slices and of course the beef slices have to be very fresh. Not a bad starter.

Rating: 3.8/5



Ordered a clam chowder soup. I'm a soup person.

Taste is not bad but can use a bit more clams though.

Rating: 3/5



It's so cozy I almost wanted to sleep there.



My main, hamburg steak with egg.

This is what you must order when you come to Ma Maison. What I did is poked the egg yolk deep with my knife until it reach the center of the hamburg steak. The beef patty will then absorbed the egg yolk (My god I'm drooling while writing this). Eating the hamburg steak soaked egg yolk plus brown sauce. All I can say is that it tasted great. Although the side dishes is a bit disappointed, the potato wedges is too dry. I still give this dish two thumbs up.

Rating: 4.5/5



This is the key to my hotel room to meet up a girl I met pay the bill at the counter.



Address and website.

Other people's view

Uncle Nic
XLB
Jackson Kah

7 comments :

HairyBerry said...

the doteni burger's definitely one of the best dishes i had in recent memories! the sauce was supersexy!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

yeah! so do i win something?

eh use my name, link me back mah..u knw u farmous brogger..giv me some traffic..

Tummythoz said...

Burger mata kerbau. M drooling too.

wmw said...

More food posts from Singapore? Hahaha...to Tummythoz's "Burger mata kerbau"!

J2Kfm said...

again the delicious, funny looking burger!!! palate assaulted thrice.
Bugis Junction huh? OK, got it.

Anonymous said...

why you go there alone geh?

Simon Seow said...

nic: yes, must try the Wafu Burger next time.

joe: currently the food tasting is on planning. you'll get invitation on Facebook. Other food blogger also look out for it. You might be on the list.

You link me la. Your traffic more than me la. I was rushing two post so forgot to link keke.

tummythoz: lol good definition.

wmw: yeah, lot's of backlogs

j2km: yes, this is a recommended dish. go go go.

rose: because you're in Kuching :(