Custom Search

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lan Fong Yuen 蘭芳園, Tsim Sha Tsui

I am staying at a guest house in Chungking Mansion, yesterday I woke up quite late and it's almost lunch time. So, my plan to go Central for Sang Kee's porridge has to be put off because I will be going to Disneyland later in the day so I don't want to travel so far for lunch. Just as I was walking towards the MTR station, some lady handed me a leaflet saying Lan Fong Yuen just opened in Woodhouse, Chungking Mansion. Yes, it's just at the basement next to the place I am staying.


The wall in this branch is decorated with Alan Tam's autographed LP album covers and posters.

Craving for some nice Hong Kong milk tea, off I went into the basement of Woodhouse. I can see a lot of eateries were newly opened. There's Jika Udon which is I can see before I found Lan Fong Yuen which is at the end and at the corner. I've been to the Lan Fong Yuen in Central. This is third branch. So, business must be brisk for them.



The lunch crowd started coming once it's 12 p.m.

Tempted to order "G dum dao low ting" but I wanted to try some other food from here, so I ordered their set lunch that cost HKD$42 that comes with a daily soup and drink. The main, I chose stir-fried fat beef slices with enoki mushroom.



The fat beef is very nice and tender. A very appetizing meal. The only thing I don't quite fancy is that the gravy is a bit too starchy.


Daily soup

I of course ordered Hong Kong hot milk tea for drink. Some might not like that milk tea here but the milk tea here is just what I like. It's not too milk-ish nor too strong of tea taste. The balance is just right.





The place is packed during lunch hour


Now we don't have to cross over to Central to get Lan Fong Yuen, there's one in Tsim Sha Tsui already and it's more comfortable and bigger space than the one in Central. If you are looking for a nice quick lunch and a cup of balance Hong Kong milk tea, this is just the place to come and have a try.





Address:

Lan Fong Yuen 蘭芳園
Shop 26, LG, Chungking Mansion (Woodhouse)
36-44 Nathan Road , Tsim Sha Tsui
(Take Exit D1 of Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station)

2 comments :

Michelle Chin said...

i pass by this area before but never got about going there...

Simon Seow said...

Well, if you haven't try Lan Fong Yuen then next time you can come and try.