Custom Search

Monday, August 31, 2009

Delicious Cafe + Penny Tai, 1 Utama New Wing

Last Saturday I went to 1 Utama to buy ticket for the T.Music Festival, and I then went to watch Murderer. I read from review that there's similarity in Murderer and The Orphan. My guess is that the little girl in The Orphan is actually not a little girl too :p

It is almost 4.30 p.m. after the movie and I feel a bit hungry. So off I went in search of a place to eat. As I've plan to go to Penny Tai's autograph session near the main entrance of the new wing, so Delicious is a fairly good choice because it's located inside Ms. Read and just next to the main entrance.



This is the second time that I am dining in Delicious. The first time is a very long time ago. For drink, I ordered Thai Cooler. Which is soda with lychee and lemongrass. I don't know why they give me the extra syrup because there's really no need for it, the Thai Cooler is sweet enough without additional syrup. It taste very refreshing. One of my recommended drink to order.


Thai Cooler

I don't want to have a heavy meal so I just order a soup and a salad. The soup, which I ordered is French Onion Soup. It's been quite awhile I didn't drink a French Onion Soup. I like the way they put the grilled cheese on top of a bread and on top of the soup. Unlike some other restaurant which will put the cheese in the soup and melted in it, makes the soup very salty. I like the onion soup that is not very salty here. Just taste right. The grilled cheese is grilled very nicely too, just the right crunchiness and chewiness.

Rating: 4/5


Where's the soup?



Ah, there it is.

For the salad, I had lettuce with avocado, chicken, and cranberries salad (the name of the salad is to long for me to remember, it's Cos Lettuces something something). I have a soft spot for avocado, if there's no other dish I like to try, avocado dish is the defacto dish that I'll choose if it's one of the ingredient or condiment. The salad dressing used is usual that one can find in Caesars Salad. The lettuce is very fresh and crunchy. I can do with more avocado though, I was only able to find only 3 or 4 dices of avocado. The diced chicken breast is a bit too dry, difficult to swallow. The lettuces, avocado and cranberries saves the day.

Rating: 3/5


Les Salade

Well, there's still a lot of dishes to try in Delicious. Most probably will try the Duck Confit on my next visit.



Address:

Ground Floor, 1 Utama Shopping Centre (New Wing, just next to the main entrance)

Other People's View:

Masak-masak
Precious Pea
Jason Mumbles
WMW




I was there in Delicious until about 6.30 p.m. only then I move to the outside of the main entrance for the Penny Tai autographing session. Of course, she's not there yet. 988 DJ May 子 and DJ Hau Min were the MC of the event. This is DJ Hau Min's first time hosting an event in the outdoor.



They played games with the fans and the prize is a poster of Penny. Only at around 7.30 p.m. that Penny showed up. It's been two years since her last album. Here's a video of her singing "兩難" one of her latest song from her new album "原諒我就是這樣的女生".



After a few more songs and poster flying, it's time for the autograph session to start.



I bought her newest CD there, the price is lower than what is selling in the CD shop. RM 40 only. Of course, I was able to get her autograph. This is her second autograph I got, the first one is way back about 10 years ago with her debut album. It was held in the entrance of Star Hill. I went up stage to sing Rasa Sayang with pantun too.


Penny Tai is still so friendly as when I met her in her first autograph session in KL.

7 comments :

ai wei said...

waaa... nice one. you meet her in person!!! she is still that skinny

backStreetGluttons said...

what a beautiful day of delicious food and nice girls. perfect

Simon Seow said...

ai wei: yeah, she's still that skinny and friendly lol

bsg: nice girls??? too bad she's not eating with me

Ciki said...

excellent shots of food and hotchicks!

Rebecca Saw said...

I agree w u on the chic and avocado! Me and Unka had the french onion soup too. our main was the chic n avacodo sandwich. So stingy on avocado and the chic cubes were so dry!
(like u i hv a soft spot for anything tht comes w avocado!)

Simon Seow said...

thanks Cumi & Ciki but not as good as the DSLR Queen. :p

WackyBecky: High five!

Wilson Ng said...

she looks different