Custom Search

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lunch at Restoran Yan Yan

Warning: Tidak Ditanggung Halal

During the 3rd day of Chinese New Year. My paternal side of the family gathered for a simple lunch in Restoran Yan Yan (人人茶餐厅) in Taman Sri Sinar, Segambut. We chose here because it's near my big aunt's house, as she is the most senior so all younger uncles and aunt have to come here lol. I'm no complaining because my place is in the same taman. Makes no different though because I have to go downtown to Bukit Bintang to fetch my aunt and cousin whom came to visit us from Hong Kong.


My niece Ruth just had some chocolate.


My 表妹, Elaine playing with my nephew Noah.


We decided to have chicken rice (鸡饭), roasted pork (烧肉), BBQ pork (叉烧) and of course the imported roasted goose (烧鹅) from Hong Kong.



Roasted Pork (烧肉)

To my surprise, the roasted pork here is very good. The skin is crispy and the layer of fat and meat is very balanced. Very fast it was cleared up by us. The oil rice here is fluffy and nice too.

Rating: 4/5


BBQ Pork (叉烧)
Align Center

While the BBQ Pork here is tender and can easily melt in your mouth. It's good but not as good as the one I had in Famous Seremban Favourites. Still it's good enough for us hungry people.

Rating: 3.75/5

The roasted chicken here is not too bad too, crispy and smooth skin.

Rating: 3.5/5



Roasted chicken.



The roasted goose.


The roasted goose was kept in the fridge overnight, we asked the boss to reheat and chop it up for us. He even garnished it with cucumber and spring onion, so nice of him. The skin is not that crispy anymore as compared to the left thigh I ate yesterday. Oh, for your information, this is the second goose, the first one which I snitched the left thigh was left in my friend's house lol. Nevertheless, it's still juicy and it's not as gamey as duck meat. I also have to stressed here that the goose is not from Yung Kee as someone commented in the previous post asked. My cousin just booked it in a Chinese restaurant in Yuen Long near her place. So, I guess Yung Kee is not the only restaurant that can dish out a good roasted goose in Hong Kong.

Rating: 4/5



The younger generation, my sister on my left, my brother-in-law on her left and my cousins.

After lunch, we young people went to Red Box in the Curve to sing karaoke. It's the first time I sing karaoke with so many cousins. We had good fun.


Address:
Restoran Yan Yan (人人茶餐厅) corner lot
Jalan 15/38D
Taman Sri Sinar
Tel: 017-6890417
The chicken rice operates daily during lunch time. At night there's a dai chao there also very good and priced reasonably.

Google map here.

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

Wao, the picture of the 'siu yoke' is so tempting. That is my favourite especially the fatty part. :):)

Samuel said...

*fainted*

haha... walao! siu yoke and char siew!...

Anonymous said...

sedapnya... that's why non-halal stuffs are the most sedap lol!

Ciki said...

i can see what you mean by the siew yoke being balanced.. i like it that light crispy yellow with a slight translucent fat too .. but not too much! the charsiew on the other hand.. not nuf fat ler...

Taman sri sinar.. here i come :D

btw, ur nephew and niece are darlings!

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing roast goose everywhere recently! Must try it :p

Unknown said...

the char siew looks good! :)

choi yen said...

can get nice char siu here? Good!! no need go to Famous Seremban liao, hehe :P

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

got to remind myself that i have to keep fit by May so i can have the whole roast goose all by myself!!

Kuntong said...

Tidak Halal

Simon Seow said...

molly: my favourite too

Samuel: huh? why can faint?

Edison: agreed

Cumi & Cuki: yupe, siew yoke nice. char siew maybe you can ask for half lean half fat cut lol. Ya, Ruth and Noah are so adorable.

Julian: oh is it? I watched Ho Chak season 10 1st episode, there's one near Jalan Seladang not bad.

Qua Chee: yupe the char siew is nice

mimid3vil: a bit different style both the char siew in FS and Sri Sinar.

joe: ganbatte

Kuntong: Yupe, as I have warned.