Custom Search

Friday, November 11, 2011

那些年,我們一起追的女孩 You Are The Apple Of My Eye

I watched 那些年,我們一起追的女孩 (You Are The Apple Of My Eye) on Wednesday. I thought it's already screening for a few weeks, then only I knew that the premiere date is on 10th November 2011. The screening I watched is a sneak preview session. The movie is based on the novel by the current popular author 九把刀 Giddens. The book which is actually based on the real life story of the author himself when he was in high school, college and then working life.



The film kind of reminds me of Ice Kacang Puppy Love by Ah Niu. The difference is that it's based on high school and college life in Taiwan and the jokes in the movie is kind of 18SX (like masturbating in the class) hence the rating for Malaysian screening is 18PL. Sorry for those of you that is not 18 and above yet.

The jokes are very original and funny and the way the director (Giddens) placed the camera is very captive. There are some scenes in the nature and street of Taiwan that just too beautiful to describe with words.



The acting of the casts doesn't seems like acting at all because they were so natural. Especially the lead actor and actress. 28 year old 陈妍希 Michelle Chen gave a very good performance of portraying 17 year old 沈佳宜 (the love interest of Giddens when he was in high school). She was nominated for the Best Leading Actress in 第48届金马奖 the 48th Taiwan Golden Horse Awards. Hope she wins, I love her performance in this movie. She's now very popular now after this movie broke Taiwan local blockbuster with a sales of NT$110 million and still going.



New comer 柯震东 Chen-Tung, Ko also did very well in his portrayal of the younger Giddens. He was nominated for Best New Performer in 第48届金马奖 the 48th Taiwan Golden Horse Awards.






Apparently the fans found the picture of the real 沈佳宜 . No wonder Giddens fell in love with her when they were young.


The real 沈佳宜本人.


This movie is funny and touching. There's love, family and most important of all, friendship. It also makes me so absorb into the movie that I laugh and almost cried with the characters. There were also a few scenes the the audiences in the cinema clapped, one very rare thing to see in Malaysian cinema. Nice to know that Giddens was nominated for Best New Director and the movie theme song "那些年" was nominated for Best Original Film Song.





陈妍希成为新的宅男女神 Michelle Chen has now become the newest Otaku Goddess in Taiwan.

This movie is a must watch of fans of Giddens of course. Those that was born in the 70s and 80s. Can understand Mandarin. Even if you can't understand Mandarin, you can read the subtitle. Basically it's a movie that everyone will have a feeling for. So, if you are over 18 year old, then make your way to the cinema and watch it. Under 18, then wait for the DVD to comes out :P

Rating: 10/10

P.S. Remember to stay until the credits end for a secret scene. It's worth the wait.

P.P.S. I nearly teared when I saw "好 在一起". T_T You'll know what I mean when you watch this movie.

P.P.P.S. I will go and watch this movie for a second time, who wants to join me?

5 comments :

benjaminvai said...

HEHE.. awesome movie la.

It's the directors life some more ^^.

sweet and bitter.

sometimes you just feel into the character.

kudos for finding the real jia yi picture

Simon Seow said...

Hahaha. It's not me that found the picture of the real one.

Your sis said...

Bro,I think the 男主角is柯震东,not何啦!And,do you know that 陈妍希is already 28 years old,while 柯震东is only 20!!!

Simon Seow said...

Sis: please read my post properly, I did mentioned that 陈妍希 is 28 year old

Most Desirable said...

Hi, must be an awesome movie though i have't watched it. Your review is great and actually decides for me, this is a movie i must watch, no matter what! Pls do read my story, thks:)