Custom Search

Friday, December 17, 2010

Ah Lam Mee Bok 阿林面卜,JLN. Tua Kong Branch, Singapore

On the 6th day when I was in Singapore last month, my sis brought me to one of her favourite place for kueh tiow teng 粿條汤 (flat rice noodle soup). There's this JLN. Tua Kong Ah Lam Mee Bok 阿林面卜branch here in Kwek Seng Huat Eating House in Bedok Road. Unlike in Malaysia where most of our coffee shop will be called Restoran XXX, here most of the coffee shop is called "Eating House". Mee bok is actually the flat type wanton noodle, that's what it's called in Singapore.



My sis told me that other than mee bok, the kueh teow/hor fun/flat rice noodle here is also very good. So we both ordered each a kueh tiow soup. The fish balls and prawns that goes inside the kueh tiow are very fresh. The soup is quite clear and not very salty, there's also no or very little sign of MSG because I didn't feel thirsty even after drinking much of the soup.

The kueh tiow is wider than what we got in Malaysia but it's also as smooth as what we got back in Malaysia. Losing to the hor fun in Ipoh just a bit. I can say the kueh tiow here is better than the kueh tiow used here. Normally I am not a fan of kueh tiow teng but I have to agreed with my sister that the kueh tiow teng here is good.

Rating: 4/5






My sis is also a fan of popiah. She says that the popiah here is quite good also. So, we ordered a portion to share.




It's a simple yet wonderful lunch with my sis. Thanks for bringing me here sis.





Address:

Ah Lam Mee Bok 阿林面卜,JLN. Tua Kong Branch
Kwek Seng Huat Eating House
324A Bedok Road, Bedok,
Singapore.

4 comments :

Michelle Chin said...

Where is the picture of the mee pok!

Ciki said...

totally agree! of course cannot match Ipoh sar hor fun laaaa ;) LOL

Melanie said...

Ah i love kueh tiau th'ng! :D

Simon Seow said...

Michelle: I didn't order mee pok. Not in the mood to eat mee pok that day.

Cumi & Ciki: Agree on? Ipoh sar hor fun is better?

Melanie: good for you. I'm not a fan though:p