Custom Search

Monday, March 12, 2012

Lazy Sunday: Journal by Plan B, Publika, Duta Solaris

Another "Lazy Sunday" post. I think I will make this a regular weekly title. Every Monday I will post up a "Lazy Sunday" post. It might be food that I had, things that I did or movie that I watched the day before.

So, yesterday I had a late lunch in Journal by Plan B in Publika. Publika is now my favourite place to chill on a Sunday. Plan B is part of B.I.G group which is kind of expanding very fast recently. In Publika you can already find a few of their establishments like Ben's Independent Grocer, Ben's, and Journal by Plan B. B.I.G group was formed by Ben Yong, whom was the founder of Delicious Group. He sold all his shares in Delicious to E & O and partnered with his friends to form B.I.G.

In the eateries under B.I.G. that I went, I will always be served with a bottle of water. I like their concept so that those that only wanted to drink plain water don't have to ask for it or pay for mineral water.




I haven't got my coffee fix in earlier, so I ordered a cup of Latte. Their coffee is brewed with a mixture of a few good quality beans. You can read about the details in their menu.




I don't want to go too heavy on my late lunch, so I ordered a Ox Tongue Sandwich and a bowl of Wild Mushroom soup. The first time I tried Ox Tongue sandwich was two years ago during the launch of Delicious Times & D'lish's new menu. So, I'm not surprise to find Ox Tongue Sandwich available in the menu of Plan B.




Spread with English Yellow Mustard, it goes right with the ox toungue with the tinge of spiciness that is not too overwhelming. I cut a few pieces of the gherkin that come with it and put it in the sandwich. Oh my, I'll have to say it provided a new whole taste and texture. The gherkin is not too sourish and not to acidic.




Instead of the normal fried potato chips, here in Plan B I was served with fried sweet potato chips, fried ubi keladi chips and fried yam chips? I like it because it's not too salty at all.




Their Wild Mushroom soup is very rich and fulfiling but I still prefer the one I had in Red BeanBag.




After this fulfiling late lunch, I went to Ben's Independent Grocer to do some shopping and take away Lamb Shank for supper from Ben's General Food Store.




Address:

Journal by Plan B
Lot No. 65, Level G2,
Publika, Solaris Dutamas,
Jalan Dutamas 1,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.

Google map here.

2 comments :

Huai Bin said...

The menu looks similar to Plan B in Bangsar. I sometimes order the ox tongue sandwich too. It's great. :)

Simon Seow said...

Of course, it's Plan B too. lol. I like Ox Tongue.