Custom Search

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Red Beanbag, Publika, Duta Solaris

Nowadays, Publika seems to be my favourite hangout place on a lazy Sunday. I buy my organic oats from B.I.G. here bi-weekly. It's just 5 minutes drive from my place and there are a lot of eateries here.

So, one lazy Sunday afternoon, I woke up at about 2.30 p.m. and craving for a big breakfast. So, I drove to Publika since I have to restock my oats. There are a few eateries serving all day breakfast here. So, I use my Nokia E7 and Googlle "all day breakfast Publika". Voila, out come my foodie friend's blog post about The Red Beanbag.



I kick start my day with a cup of Latte. Not too bad. Better than Stabucks. Since it's a late brunch, I ordered Soup for the Soul (changes daily). Wild Mushroom soup (RM 15 nett) was the soup for the soul that day. I like a dash of white truffle oil on the soup that the chef did. It really brings out the whole mushroomy aroma of the soup. Not too salty and the mushroom is diced just nice. Reminds me of the Wild Mushroom soup in Dave's when they first opened their door in 1 Utama.





As for the breakfast, I had the Red Beanbag Signature Breakfast (RM 19.90 nett). You can choose the way you like your egg. As usual, I go for scrambled and it turned out to be the perfect scrambled egg I had in mind. Not overcooked, fluffy and still a bit of wet smoothness from the yolk. You can choose either chicken or beef sausage and chicken or beef bacon. Comes with beans, hash brown and two pieces of toast. Oh, their bread is very good. Someone told me their French toast is very good too.




Well, it's sure nice to have a place so near my crib to have an all day breakfast. Next time I'll try Wondermilk.





Address:

THE RED BEANBAG
Lot A4-1-8, Solaris Dutamas
(opposite Publika’s open space/Ben’s)
Jalan Dutamas 1,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-6211 5116
Tue – Fri: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Sat – Sun: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Pre-booked dinners for functions available.
http://www.facebook.com/theredbeanbag


Other Ppl's View:

KampungBoyCityGal
Adriene
SneakyLily
Eat Drink KL

3 comments :

Charlie said...

OMG the latte and wild mushroom soup is <3 hungry @ this hour T_T

Simon Seow said...

Sorry to make you hungry at this hour =P

Keith said...

Freaking expensive coffee for a small cup of 4oz. The food taste i ate last week was horrible, either too salty or no taste and very expensive too. Need to clim upstairs too. Service is ok.