Custom Search

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mikan Japanese Cuisine & Bistro, Maju Junction Mall

I went to Maju Junction for the first time yesterday evening because two friends invited me for dinner at Mikan Japanese Cuisine & Bistro there. I was early so I walked around and I saw that there's one Esprit Outlet shop there. I always thought Esprit Outlet is only found in Hong Kong :p For those that is confused, Esprit Outlet is another branching from Esprit that sells out of season Esprit clothing at a cheaper price than the price before.



Back to the dinner. We started with Chawan Mushi. The steamed egg is silky smooth and soft. I like the fact that there's still a bit of the stock that made the steamed egg not too dry. The shitake in the egg gave an added aroma to the Chawan Mushi. A must try in Mikan I dare say.




As with any high quality Japanese restaurant in town, the seafood here is freshly airflown. So you will be sure of a fresh sashimi here. The sashimi moriawase we ordered consist of ebi (prawn), butter fish, salmon, tako (octopus) and hotate (scallop). I especially like the butter fish and prawn, I think amai ebi is used hence the sweet tasting raw prawn meat. All you need is a drop of shoyu and it's enough to enhance the sweetness of the raw prawn meat. Also take note that the purple coloured thingy is not a deco but a kind of seaweed that can be eaten. It's quite nice too.




The soft-shelled crab salad here is not similar with the one I had in other Japanese restaurant chain. First is the salad dressing here is different and the type of greens used is also different. Can't really says which is better but both are quite nice.




Friend wants to take picture of me. So, as a blogger, I happily accepted the proposal.




The Saba Shioyaki here is bigger than what I usually had. Grilled to perfection and the meat is tender and the juice and fish oil are left intact.



I chose Unagi Kabayaki as my main and it didn't dissapoint. The unagi is big, fat and juicy. My chopsticks can get to the meat effortlessly. I ordered a bowl of Evian cooked rice (the rice here is imported Japanese rice and is cooked with Evian mineral water). One must order a bowl to taste the different of the rice cooked here and the rice in other restaurants.






Friend recommended the Grilled Salmon Belly. I know why because the salmon belly just melts in my mouth when I put it in. The mayonnaise and the shoyu sauce were there to enhanced the taste. Another dish that goes very well with the Evian cooked rice. Lots of Omega-3 oil too ;)




Grilled Prawn with White Truffles Sauce is another dish to die for. Usually they will use bigger prawn like Tiger Prawn but it's out of stock so we have to settle for a smaller size prawn. The prawn is grilled to the right timing where the meat is cooked yet still tender and juicy. I like the added aroma that the white truffles sauce gave the prawn and also the bit of char-grilled smell.





I like the beef in the sukiyaki that is very tender. I can chew the beef effortlessly. One thing though is that sukiyaki is better finished while it's still warm, if it's cold the sweet taste from mirin will overpowered the soup.





Fried small shrimps courtesy of Chef Machi. This dish will goes very well with beers.




Friends were raving all over about the Chicken Teriyaki here. Yes, the chicken meat is soft, smooth and tender while the skin still have a bit of crispiness. The teriyaki sauce is not too sweet and didn't overwhelmed the chicken. Friend told me that during lunch time the Chicken Teriyaki Bento Set here only sells for RM24++ which comes with chawan mushi, miso soup and fruits. Now that's a bargain because the ala carte Chicken Teriyaki sells for RM22++.




Thanks to my friends for bringing me here. Another good Japanese restaurant to go to in Klang Valley.



Address:

Mikan Japanese Cuisine & Bistro
G11, Maju Junction Mall
1001, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 2691 1001
Fax: +603 2691 1002

Other Ppl's View:

BryanLYT
Eat Drink KL
Esty
Sweet Potato Chips

0 comments :