Custom Search

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wendy's, Sunway Pyramid

On Halloween Day, I went for SCREAM in Sunway Lagoong Elephant walk. Upon reaching Sunway Pyramid I went around to look for dinner. I opted to have fast food since I don't want to waste to much money and time. I haven't try Wendy's before, so it is the best choice of fast food of course comparing with McDonald's and Carl's Junior which also have outlet in Sunway Pyramid.



The choices of combo and side dishes.

With so many choices it's really kinda hard for me to make a decision. Since, beef burger is kind of common in Malaysia, so I opted for the Shrimp Supreme Combo and a bowl of Chili just to fill up my stomach lol.



3 sizes that you can choose from.

I opted for small combo because Wendy's does not server Coke Light, I don't like drinking to much normal Coke and also I will be ordering a bowl of Chili too.



My bowl of Chili.

The Chili in Wendy's is absolutely marvelous. Generous portion of beans and minced beef in the Chili. The taste is great too as what a chili should be, I meant comparing it with the chili you order from Chili's, I didn't go to Mexico and tasted the genuine one before. For only RM 4.99 ++, I say, it's value for money, for light eater, a bowl of this can fill you up.

Rating: 4/5



Fat fries

The french fries here, I'll have to say beat McDonald's. While it's crispy in the outside, there's still potato filling inside because the fries here is thicker than what you get in McDonald's. So you won't be eating air after biting into the crispy outer layer. It's also not too salty as with McDonald's. Two thumbs up for the fries here.

Rating: 4/5



The wrapping of the burger reminds me of aluminum foil.



The Shrimp Suppreme

It's kind of disappointing, it look just so simple, a piece of lettuce, some mayonnaise and that's it. I like the bun though, it's kind of like that same bun you find in Chicken McSpicy. The taste is like eating fillet-o-fish, except there's a bit of shrimp taste in it. It might be a nice alternative from beef or chicken but nothing to wow about.

Rating: 3/5


Shrimp or fish?


As for dessert, at first I thought I want to order Oreo Twisted Frost, which suspiciously look so much like Oreo McFlurry. Well, I guess it's because both franchises are owned by Vincent Tan so there will be some similarity. After downing the Chili, my won't be able to fit in the Twisted Frost. So, I walk to Pyramid 2 to go to Sunway Lagoon entrance and I bump into a donut shop that I also haven't try since their opening.


It's J.Co Donut & Coffee, Malaysia of course.

I just bought a piece of original glaze. Tasted not bad, a bit too oily though. I'm not much of a donut fan to be honest.

Rating: 3.5/5




Address:

Wendy's
Near the skating ring, same floor as McDonald's

Other ppl's view:

Masak-masak
Sloppy Chic
KY Speaks


J.Co Donuts & Coffee
Near the entrance link to Sunway Lagoon in Pyramid 2

Other ppl's view:

Jason Mumbles

KY Speaks
KampungBoyCityGal
VKeong
Julian Si
Epicurious Girl
Tan Kiasu
Teckiee

9 comments :

Precious Pea said...

The have baked potatoes too?? YUmzzz!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hmmm my korean fren has been talking abt HOW BIG the burger is..doesnt look any bigger then the burgers im used to..hehe

sookyee. said...

Why it seems to be differetn from what I seen in the Pavillion one....And cheaper....or I'm blind?

TZ said...

I have not tried the Wendy in Malaysia but the Wendy in US is nice ... i like the Chill :-) Yummy!

HairyBerry said...

woah, if the chilli comes with rice, lagi shiok! there's one at jaya one as well...maybe it's time to check it out....

ling239 said...

well... i guess time for me to visit Wendy's at Jaya one!! ^_^

choi yen said...

What to go with the Chilli? Just eat like that?

Simon Seow said...

Ivy: yupe, they have baked potatoes, too bad I'm not a fan.

joe: I think carl's jr is bigger.

sookyee: not sure wor, maybe Pavilion rent cost a bomb so the price also more expensive gua

tz: chili ftw!

nic: the chili has enough been to fill me up already, add rice somemore @_@, there's also one in Mont Kiara in an individual shop. The design from the outside is like classic Wendy's outlet.

ling239: time for me to visit Jaya One LOL

mimidevil: yeah, chili is suppose to be eaten just like that, mexican eat it with bread and I ate it with some fries but finish most of it without anything.

Anonymous said...

i have yet to try the chili. but i had the burger once and i think it is nothing different from macd.