Custom Search

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ka Ka Bah Kut Teh, Kepong Baru

Warning: Tidak Ditanggung Halal

My parents used to bring me and my sister to Ka Ka Bah Kut Teh for dinner or supper when we were staying in Kepong Baru when I was not more than 12 year old. But after we shifted out from Kepong Baru, we seldom patron Ka Ka Bah Kut Teh anymore. It's been a few years then that I haven't eaten there when I started working.

Last month at about 1 am, working on the graveyard shift. My colleagues and I decided to drive to Kepong Baru and eat Ka Ka Bah Kut Teh for lunch (supper). It has now got it's own shop, the last I dine at Ka Ka, they're still operating in a zinc roof settings.







You can choose to sit inside the shop or.....




dine al-fresco lol.



The usual 'suspects' of a BKT setup




Loh 'G' Yuk (pork stew in soya sauce?)




Mixed pork cuts and parts bah kut teh


Ka Ka bah kut teh is what I think is more to KL style, which has a clearer soup base than the Klang version. Lettuce instead of fu chuk is used as the condiment. For those of you that like Klang style BKT will find this soup based a bit bland.



I ordered a pot of pork kidney

When I came to Ka Ka, I always order their pork kidney. The soup will taste a bit different from the normal meat BKT soup. This one will be filled with the taste of ginger which is to offset the unwanted smell of the kidney. My colleagues only tried a bit of this wonderful stuff, hence I finished almost 90% of it. Pork kidney is an aquired taste from what I see here.




The defacto extra order of yau char kwai

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

That night I just bought my Cannon A470 PowerShot camera not too long ago, so I did a bit of testing shot on my colleagues.











Address:
Ka Ka Bah Kut Teh
Kepong Baru

It's opposite Carrefour, Kepong Baru along Jalan Kepong.

Google Map

Other Ppl's View:

KY
VKeong

10 comments :

Horny Ang Moh said...

This look so much more yummy then the wan I have in Klang. BTW u r one lucky guy! Got so many hot chick take photo with u! Hemmmm! How do u get invited to all those party with so many hot chick???Can I joint u???
Have a very nice day!

s.kuan said...

LOL not my favorite bak kut teh place lar. The soup very diluted and the portion so little LOL. but the place is always pack with people :P

LianneK said...

hi Simon :-) hope you are well and how's your kereta ah? we shall keep intouch in FB, and here and who knows, we might meet in near future. And ahem, I will drop by your blog to see what you up too, and which lenglui you kacau kacau again! hahahaha

choi yen said...

I don't like it although it's so near my place~~ Always full house, donno y?

Anonymous said...

Good take but never can see lenglui....GCM never will have lenglui....

Simon Seow said...

baby: huh funny meh?

hor ny: you have to be active in Nuffnang lor to get invited.

kuan: yeah, don't why still so many ppl go

jackson: KL ppl eat bah kut teh at night usually lol

liane: sure, keep in touch and all the best

mimid3vils: I also don't know why

hikki: lol, nothing is impossible

Melvin Lim said...

quite ok ma
mimid3vils, where u stay? Long time didn't see you at ezymeal.com/bbs?

babychyu said...

yea .. near prince cafe there..
i just pass by din't go to eat coz rush to newway ~

MikeMikeMike said...

Wah! You tot I am God of Gambler ar.
Picture of my back. Hahaha!!!

Anyway, miss those days much.
Now I change my shift already. Cannot go for midnight food hunt together already.

Jaishana Logan said...

simon.... u know what ka ka is in Tamil ah? eheh go and ask some indian fren! go go go