Custom Search

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Chicken Rice Company, Lau Pa Sat Festival Market, Singapore

After visiting Sands Marina Bay, Singapore. I went looking for Maybank and using my mobile phone I was able to find the neareast Maybank ATM is in Raffles Quay Road. So, I took a bus to go there. Took me quite a while to find the Maybank there and then I found out I can't withdraw money from the ATM here in Singapore because I didn't activate oversea withdrawal back in Malaysia, FML.

Oh, well at least I managed to come to new place that I don't think I will ever come if I was not looking for Maybank. Feeling a bit hungry, I went to the nearest food center, which is Lau Pa Sat Festival Market, one of the oldest food center in Singapore I can say.

The only food recommendation that I was able to googled here is The Chicken Rice Company. The specialty here is that the chicken used is Sakura Chicken, which is bred using the Japanese method of chicken breeding. But the chicken is reared in Johor instead of Japan hence keeping the cost low.

There are many food stalls in Lau Pa Sat, finding The Chicken Rice Company will not be easy if I don't know the stall no. Well, lucky this is where the prepaid mobile Internet from Singtel come in handy. The stall number is no. 18. I ordered the value set meal, consists of chicken rice plus a choice of green vegetables or braised egg with tofu or bean sprouts. The set cost SGD $ 5.80.




The chicken is very tender and smooth. While it's smooth but the skins is not too fatty like those normal farm chicken. Not bad.

Rating: 3.75/5




The rice though is not as good as the chicken. The aroma is not there for a good chicken rice and the texture is kind of hard for my liking.

Rating: 2.5/5



Another thing to take notice for the Chicken Rice Company is the grinded ginger sauce here is green in colour. The green colour actually comes from parsley. It's quite refreshing when eaten with the chicken. Not sure though for those that don't like parsley.




The choice of side dish is green vegetables for me.




One will noticed the Victorian design of the roof and surrounding in Lau Pa Sat Festival Market. This is because it is built during the British colonial time.

"Lau Pa Sat (or “old market” in the Hokkien dialect) was Singapore's first wet market that dates back over 150 years ago to the time of Sir Stamford Raffles, the founder of Singapore." - laupasat.biz .




Not too bad, while eating here can also enjoy a little bit of historic monument that still can be found in this modern city of Singapore.




P.S. Some of you would have noticed that the picture quality from my previous post and this post is better than this, this, this, this, and this post. Well, that's because I finally bought a new camera from the IT Expo in Singapore EXPO a day before.




Address:

The Chicken Rice Company
Stall No.18
18 Raffles Quay, Lau Pa Sat Festival Market, Singapore 048582

Other Ppl's View:

ieatishootipost.sg

3 comments :

Unknown said...

thought it was the chicken rice shop at first :)

Simsimseow said...

The chicken looks yummy!Didn't know that there is a nice chicken rice stall there.

Simon Seow said...

Philip Khor: The chicken rice shop, kai fan yue mei sek. lol.

Sis: This is because you haven't explore Singapore enough.