Custom Search

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of The Dawn Treader

I've watched the first one "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" but didn't manage to watch the second one "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian". Thanks to Nuffnang, I got to watch the 3rd one "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of The Dawn Treader".

For the 3rd installment, Peter and Susan are away and they will not be journeying to Narnia. Peter studying for university entrance exams; Susan on holiday in the U.S. Both Peter and Susan only have a bit of screen time. This time the main character will be the two younger Pevensie siblings Edmund and Lucy plus their cousin Eustace. While their elder siblings are away, they have to stay back in England in their cousin's house because there's World War 2 going on.

The journey to Narnia started when their room were filled with sea water that was coming out from a painting. Eustace whom is a non believer of Narnia was drawn into the world of Narnia too.

They turned up in Narnia in an ocean. They were then rescued by the crew on The Dawn Treader and the leader of the ship is non other than King Caspian (former Prince Caspian). I didn't watch Prince Caspian so I don't know what's the story between them that happened. Roughly I think the Pensive siblings helped Prince Caspian to get back his kingdom from his uncle to become King Caspian. At first I thought Prince Caspian is a villain when I watched the trailer for Prince Caspian :p


The starboard of the Dawn Treader



King Caspian

King Caspian and his crew is on a journey to search for the seven missing Lord. So the journey begins. I don't want to write too much about the story and spoiled it for you all.



Lucy found the magical Book of Incantations

Their cousin Eustace is one very annoying child, always complaining and whining. He kept a diary though, so you'll be hearing a lot of his narration on the journey. My favourite character is Reepicheep, which is a rat that can talk and fence. He taught Eustace how to be a better person.


Reepicheep and Eustace.


Reepicheep and his BFF the Dragon.



King Caspian is happy to see Edmund back in Narnia


The Dawn Treader


Even if I didn't watch the 2nd movie, there won't be anything that I missed in this movie except for their past adventure with King Caspian. This installment of The Chronicles of Narnia is about overcoming temptations. Each have their own temptations and fear.

The plot is quite simple and yet quite intriguing to watch. There are some surprises here and there so it's not too cliche. Near the end of the movie, Lucy said to Aslan,"So, this is our last time in Narnia?" Aslan replied,"I afraid so." So, I thought this is the last of the chronicles but later from the press released I found out that this is based on the 3rd book of the 7 books chronicle. So the next 4 installments will not have the Pevensie siblings anymore?



Aslan appeared near the end of the movie in the End of the World

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of The Dawn Treader is also available in 3D, I watched in 2D which I think is good enough. A very entertaining movie and good fantasy movie.

Rating: 7.5/10

1 comments :

Susan said...

Totally agree with you... 2D is good enough as I watched it in 3D and not much difference