Custom Search

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Soul To Take

The first few minutes of "My Soul To Take" gives me the goosebumps that a good thriller movie gives me. So, I thought, hey this might be a good thriller after all since the 80s. I found the thriller nowadays is way too boring.

"In the sleepy town of Riverton, legend tells of a serial killer who swore he would return to murder the seven children born the night he died. Now, 16 years later, people are disappearing again. Has the psychopath been reincarnated as one of the seven teens, or did he survive the night he was left for dead? Only one of the kids knows the answer. Adam "Bug" Heller (Max Thieriot) was supposed to die on the last night the Riverton Ripper wrecked havoc on that terrifying night. Unaware of terrifying crimes being committed to the seven children, he has been plagued by nightmares of their murders while not aware if they hold true or if he is simply imagining the images that haunt him. But if Bug hopes to save his friends from the monster that's returned, he must face an evil that won't rest...until it finishes the job it began the day he was born." iMDb



Too bad, after that few minutes, the whole thrill turned to comedy. I have a few good laughs throughout the movie. It can goes as a very good comedy. The suspense and thrill is just not there. Also, the story is trying too hard to be mysterious which it's quite obvious who is the killer.


Scary Condor!

The last few minutes it turned from comedy back to thriller again but I kind of lost my "thrill" already during these scenes. I would be a nice comedy if it is meant to be a funny movie.



Rating: 5/10

The trailer can summarized the thrill.

2 comments :

J said...

Haha..
The poor people who made the movie - they try so hard to make it scary but in the end it's just funny. :)
(Haven't watched this movie yet but there are so many others like this... )

Simon Seow said...

A goof thriller or horror flick is hard to come by nowadays