Custom Search

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Manhand 慢行 & Mayday 五月天 Concert Live in KL

I've been following one of our Malaysian Hip Hop/Rap group Manhand (慢行) ever since their debut album titled Manhand. I first got noticed of their music when their first single 准时收听 was playing on 988. At first I thought it was a new rap group from Hong Kong only after they launch their debut album that I found out that Manhand is a local group. Since I was a fan of LMF, their music quickly caught on me. I then went and purchase their debut album.

When 988 was having their CNY special programme at Studio V at 2008, I went there and ask for their autograph. The started with 6 members but one of the member left due to personal reason. Honestly making music in Malaysia and to make it in Cantonese and also a genre that is not that popular among Chinese is almost as impossible as selling fridge to Eskimo.


Daeren Tan, me, MC Bee, DJ Point, Von and MC Toy

Yet, with their determination and support of a group of loyal fans and local Chinese radio station. Manhand survived and came out with a second album in 2009, called Showhand. This album also won them the Best Malaysian Artist in the World Chinese Music Award (全球华语歌曲排行榜) organized by 7 radio stations from Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Singapore and Taiwan. They even got invited to Hong Kong to appear on the local radio stations and also Jade Solid Gold on Hong Kong TVB.

LMF (LazyMuthaFukka) also invited them to jam a song together. The song 揸緊中指 was written and sang by LMF for their returning concert after a few years of silence. Manhand was then invited to put in new lyrics and performance to the same song. This is a dream come true for Manhand because they are fan of LMF, never would they have thought they can work with LMF. You can download both versions from LMF official website.



Coming this 24th April 2010. Manhand will be having their first ever concert in Kuala Lumpur.

慢游ManHanD音乐世界演唱会2010
Date: 24th April 2010
Time: 8pm
Venue:
KL Live @ 1st Floor, Life Centre 20 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur.



dayDream will guest performing and also be their band, other guest performer are K6 (formed by DJ Luke and DJ KK) from 988 (I got their album too :p) and famous Hong Kong beatboxer RX.

Ticket can be purchase in Axcess Outlets or online. More detail here. DotRed member get 10% discount while stock last.


Taken last year in Redbox during meet the fan session organized by 988.


Recently band song is making it ways back on the music scene. Take a look at Hong Kong where the idols and pop song dominated for so long. Last year band like Rubberband and Mr. started to get attention from the music fans there. Not to be out done, this year, in Malaysia we have a new band called dayDream. One of it's member is actually Daeren Tan from Manhand, this group was formed with his brother Ryan Tan with a few friends. I bought their album and hey, it's very good. Here's one of their hit song 美女 (Beauty) featuring Manhand.

Talking about band song. The most popular band in Asia currently should be 五月天 (Mayday) from Taiwan. I still remember my sister bought their debut album and there's a very catchy song in their that they sang in Hokkien (台语) called 志明与春娇. I like the song and got to know Mayday more.

When they released their second album, I don't have to wait for my sister to buy it. I bought it myself. One of my most favourite song is of course 溫柔 (Tenderness). It became one of my must sing song in karaoke at that time. I watched Mayday performed live before when they were here to promote their album a few years ago just outside Low Yat Plaza. OMG. They were great.

I surely won't miss this opportunity to see them perform live again when they are here for their Mayday DNA World Tour 2010 Malaysia leg concert this 5th of June.

Mayday 五月天 DNA 无限放大版 Unlimited Live in Malaysia Concert
Date: 5th of June 2010
Time: 8pm
Venue: Putra Indoor Stadium, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur.
Website: Marctensia






These are the two concerts that I will be going. It's not to be miss if you're a fan of either group lol.

5 comments :

kRaZy said...

I like 突然好想你 by 五月天 =D

Simon Seow said...

kRaZy: oh you're a fan too?

jocelyncoco said...

i like manhand !!! nice:D~

Unknown said...

i'm going to the mayday's concert!! ^^

frostier said...

mayday concert!!!! i want too.
hahaha

i want them to sing hokkien!