Custom Search

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bali Teaser - Day 2

On day 2 of my teaser post. Click here to read my arrival in Bali post.

I went to Legian Beach. Where swimming is not advisable but surfing is encouraged.



It's very sunny on that day. I am now quite dark already T_T.



It's dangerous to swim in Legian Beach. The life guard just stuck a warning flag in front of me. I'm carrying my laptop with me, I'm not gonna swim :p



Legian Beach in Bali is a very good spot for surfing that there's a few surfing school here that can teach amateur like you and me to learn how to surf like a pro. There's Quiksilver School of Surfing and Rip Curl School of Surfing. Now that explained where there's so many Quiksilver, Billabung, Roxy and Rip Curl shops around Bali.




After lunch in Goodys in Legian Beach, I went to AJ Hackett Kuta, Bali to join the Astro "MAS Saya Nak Cuti" crew there. Their sambal that come with the Sop Bontut damn spicy lor. We're going to do bungee jump. Technically, we're going to watch Juliana do the bungee jump :p






Juliana did two jumps. One is the normal jump and the other is the full body harness jump. If you want to see more of her jump, catch MAS Saya Nak Cuti on Astro Ria or stayed tune for my post.


Juliana being helped by a staff after she did the jump.

They then went on for diving in the ship wrecked site. I didn't follow, I wanted to stay for the sunset but it rained T_T I then tried to walked back to Legian Paradiso but alas it was too far away, and I'm kinda lost my way. I paid a motorcylist RP 40,000 for him to bring me to eat babi guling (not Ibu Oka of course) and then bring me back to Legian Paradiso.

There's Bali sausage, roasted pork skin, roasted pork meat which is sliced, fried pork lungs, fried pork intestines, pork soup and sayur ubi. Very tasty. Cost me only RP 15,000 as compared to Ibu Oka which is RP 25,000 ++ (10% tax). I think Ibu Oka is a bit overated. How I know? Because I went all the way to Ubud today to try it. More on that later.











No need to go all the way to Ubud for Babi Guling if you stay in Kuta. There's Babi Guling Sari Kember in Malboro Barat. Trust me, the taste is not that much different.


"Cabang" means branch in Bahasa Indonesian.


Okay. I'll stop here. Need to go back to my room and do business. Maybe after that I'll go do Sidoi Warung, Legian Bali and have a Bintang Beer. They provide plug for laptop too.

0 comments :