Custom Search

Monday, July 6, 2009

Food Crawl: Sri Sentosa and OUG

I was invited by Ivy to join in a food crawl session to try out the Kung Fu pan mee in Taman Sri Sentosa and then the beef brisket noodle in Taman OUG. The team of foodies for this breakfast food crawl consists of Ivy, WMW, Boolicious, CityGal, Nic, Serene, Rebecca, UnkaLeong, SC, Jason, James, and Tan Kiasu.


The Crocs Gang

I don't really sure why it's call Kung Fu pan mee, maybe it's because they used hand to pull the dough into a long and flat pan mee.



The freshly grind chili and lime is a must have when eating pan mee. There's dry and soup version. I opted for the soup version so that the pan mee can be smoother than it is.



A large bowl will cost RM 6 and small will cost RM 5. We all ordered small because this is not the only meal we're going to have lol.

Dry Version


The pan mee is really very long. The condiments that goes with it is the usual fried ikan bilis, minced pork and potato leafs. The soup is of the clear type but with the saltiness coming from the condiments. The pan mee is really very smooth. If you like smooth pan mee then this is the pan mee for you.


Soup Version
Rating: 3.75/5

Besides pan mee, we also ordered pandan chicken as a side. Yes, they don't only sells pan mee here. The pandan chicken is not too bad but not as good as the one I had in Restoran Ruby.

Pandan Chicken.

Rating: 3.5/5

The pandan chicken is selling for RM 4.50 1 piece, RM 9.00 2 pieces and RM 12.00 3 pieces. When I pickup a piece with my chopsticks to take picture, someone noticed the dripping oil and asked me to hold so that some of them can take picture. This is what you get for eating session of food bloggers.


Can see the oil drop?

Address:

28, Jalan Seri Sentosa 9A/133,
Taman Sri Sentosa,
Bt. 6 1/2 Jalan Klang Lama,
58000 Kuala Lumpur.
Close on Monday.
Tel: 016-288 3911

Click here to enlarge map.




Next stop is OUG. With Ivy leading the entourage, we all drove to OUG. Finding parking took us a bit of time because there's morning market in OUG, and it's around 10 a.m. so most people already woke up. After finding parking, we group up and follow the trail to Restoran Yang Kee. It's the same row of shop as Steven Corner but further down.





When I reached there, some of them already placed their orders. I find that the beef noodle here is somewhat similar as the one near Jalan Tun H.S. Lee in KL.



I had noodle with stewed beef brisket instead. According to Ivy, the taste is not as good as she previously ate. I found it to be ok and not too special.

Rating: 3/5



After finishing the beef noodle, WackyBecky brought a few of us to the butter marble cake stall that she crave about. It's just outside the restaurant where the famous pork noodle is selling. I bought a quarter of butter marble cake to be eaten later in the karaoke as me, WMW, Nic, James, Ivy and SC are going to sing. It cost me RM 7.50. Not a bad deal.



I also bought a piece of freshly prepared apom balik, and it tasted great. I'll give it a 4/5.



Everyone that ate the butter marble cake in the karaoke gave it a thumb up. It's really good, especially the texture with is firm and soft. The butter taste is quite strong too, which I like.

Rating: 4.5/5



After singing our hearts out, we detour to Otak-otak Place, 1 Utama for tea. Serene, Nic and I purposely wait until 3 p.m. only to place our order to be able to get the tea time set promotion. I ordered the steamed otak-otak with toast and teh tarik.


Grilled otak-otak.


Jason shared his keropok with us.


My steamed otak-otak.

The steamed otak-otak here is really good. If I have more money, I would have ordered more lol.

Rating: 4/5



My cup of teh tarik.

That day was a busy day for me from the morning food crawl to karaoke to tea time. Later in the evening, I was at Tiger Nuffnang Standout party. That explain why I was too tire to go join the bloggers in Murni's.

14 comments :

ai wei said...

yerrrrr, how nice! aiks, i missed out such a great even. >___<

Jian Akiraceo (Miao) said...

Gosh the food photos makes me hungry ><

Precious Pea said...

It was a fun day out..glad you made it. Sigh...my crocs got two tiny holes, thanks to the stupid seabass i caught that fell flat onto my croc.

J2Kfm said...

wei .. that's not Serene lah. =P
it was sc. faster correct before she throws tantrum.

sc said...

hahaha too late j2kfm, i've read! simon, apa ni? dont think my dad would be pleased wth the name changing :p

Hayley said...

i want to try the pandan chicken!! *salivates* usually u eat the leaves also?

Simon Seow said...

Baby: still not bad lah lol

ai wei: yeah, and I haven't got to meet you yet :(

Miao: good, that mean my pics are not bad lol

Ivy: wah liao sea bass can make hole in Crocs one eh @_@ sai lei

James: guess it's too late lol, I'll edit it.

SC: so sorry, old already memory not that good.

Hayley: what? eat with the leafs??

choi yen said...

The pandan chicken is a bit overpriced eh.... =.=''

HairyBerry said...

thanks again for the buttercake, dude! :D

i think if we were to stay on, we could go all the way til supper that day..haha!

Simon Seow said...

Midid3vil: yeah, quite pricey

Nic: you're welcome for the cake. yeah, we might have gone from dinner to supper lol.

Wilson Ng said...

Pandan chic looks good but oily...

Rebecca Saw said...

yups, bad oily EXPENSIVE pandan chic! bleughh...

But it was happy outing yes? ;)
Must ask u out again for makan..tis Sat can? Lunch? The wok at Kota damansara?

Simon Seow said...

Wilson Ng: it's ok

WackyBecky: The Wok huh, sounds good. Text me the time ok?

etceteramommy said...

Aiyooo..'lau hau sui'. The food looks yummy.. esp the dry pan mee!!