Custom Search

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yakult Saves the Day

I was down with a mild food poisoning on Saturday. It is mild because it only consist of shitting fluid until I was dehydrated and lost lots of salt, no vomiting involves. I think the cause is the either the salmons or mussels from the company kick-off dinner in a 5-star hotel. Maybe my immune system was affected in late nights sleeping after 2 weeks of night shift, until the point I can eat uncooked seafood.

Went to see the doctor. The doc prescribed me some pills for stomach ache, diarrhea, gas, antibiotic and 3 packets of salt solution. I was not to eat anything for a day and only drink the salt solution mixed with warm water. When you loses water and salt from your body, you'll feel very tire even after 8 hours of sleep.

After a day of not eating anything but the pills and mixed-salt solution, I got better and started to take some food. After 2 days of recovering from the food poisoining, I found out what goes inside me didn't want to come out. I was having a case of constipation now. My stomach felt bloated.

In the afternoon, I went to Jusco Kepong and bought a packet of Yakult. I was thinking that during the food poisoning, all the good bacteria that help with digestion must have been killed thus resulting of in but not out. So, I have to replennish the good bacteria. Drank two Yakult and felt a bit better. The stomach don't feel bloated. A few hours after that, I litterally can shit again. Wow, Yakult really make my day.

P.S. Now I understand why Timothy has an addiction for this drink.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

yeap- good bacterias rule!!!

try taking probiotics to get your stomach healthy..

ling239 said...

hmm... stomach bloated not ENO meh ? =.="
i prefer Vitagen lar... Yakult too sweet for me XD

Simon Seow said...

anonymous: ya should drink it often from now on.

ling239: stomach bloated not because eating too much but eat but nothing comes out. Must be my digestion something wrong after food poisoning. So, have to drink some cultured milk. This is my first time drinking Yakult. Want to try something new ma :p.

ling239 said...

like tat ah...
Vitagen also not bad leh some more now got the collagen version drink d later skin also smooth smooth hahahaaaa...XD

Simon Seow said...

ling239: Oh, can make skin smooth smooth ah? I want too. I go for facial once a month one.