Custom Search

Monday, June 13, 2011

Revisiting Tai Ping Koon Restaurant (太平館餐廳), Hong Kong

Two years ago I went to Hong Kong and my cousin Elaine brought me to try out Tai Ping Koon Restaurant. This year, March, I went again to Tai Ping Koon, the outlet in Mau Lam Street, Yau Ma Tei that is just a street away at the back of our hotel. This time there were four of us, my mom, me, my aunt and my cousin sister. Which mean, we can order more food.

We ordered the Signature Set for 2 (HKD$348 each set), which is just nice for the four of us.



For the appetizer, one can choose Seafood Soup or Smoked Salmon and Shrimp Salad. We choose seafood soup and order another salad.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures because it is a dim environment and I am using my Nokia E7 to shoot the pictures. I've lost me digital camera at that time.


Salmon Salad


Seafood Soup


Both look simple yet very delicious. The seafood soup is so rich with the taste from sea.

Each set can choose one signature dish, 6 pieces TPK Swiss Sauce Chicken Wings or one whole TPK Style Roasted Pigeon. We chose chicken wings. I tried this before during my last visit. They still maintained the quality.




Stir-fry Mix Vegetable with Bacon comes with the set. Nice. I should try to make this too at home lol.


Stir-fry Mix Vegetable with Bacon


The main, we can choose TPK Style Fried Rice Noodle with Beef or TPK Style Fried Rice Noodle with Beef in Swiss Sauce or Sliced Roasted Leg of Pig with Rice. Since my aunt don't eat beef, so we had 3rd option of course. It's a good choice after all because the roasted leg of pig is so tender. Eaten with the special TPK sauce, it's marvelous.



Sliced Roasted Leg of Pig with Rice


Since the set doesn't include dessert, we of course put in additional order for their famous dessert there that will take 30 minutes to prepare. So remember to order it when you are ordering your food and not after you finished your food.


This dessert need a fork this big to serve.





Ta daam!! The famouse Tai Ping Koon Souffle! Its big, hot and fluffy. Even with our stomach nearly full, we were able to finish it. The aroma and taste from the egg in the souffle is just so captivating. You must try this when you come here.



This is a video of me cutting into the souffle.




Ah, it's such a wonderful meal in Tai Ping Koon Restaurant. I don't mind eating here again the next time I visit Hong Kong.




Address:

19-21, Mau Lam Street, Yaumati, Kowloon 九 龍 油 麻 地 茂 林 街 十 九 至 廿 一 號
Tel: +852 2384 1703
Opens from 11:00am - midnight 12:00 (Close at Chinese New Year)

Other branches:


40, Granville Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon 九 龍 尖 沙 咀 加 連 威 老 道 四 十 號
Tel: +852 2721 3559
Opens from 11:00am - midnight 12:00 (Close at Chinese New Year)

6, Pak Sha Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong 香 港 銅 鑼 灣 白 沙 道 六 號
Tel: +852 2576 9161
Opens from 11:00am - midnight 12:00 (Close at Chinese New Year)

3 comments :

Huai Bin said...

Wow! I watched the video, the souffle looks HUGE! It also looks very soft and fluffy from the way you can scoop it up with the fork.

I'm going to HK soon actually, thanks for the recommendation, I'll try the souffle at this place bro. :)

Simon Seow said...

Huai Bin: wah, so jealous you fly here and fly there nowadays. Remember it will takes 30mins to prepare the souffle. Also try their signature Swiss Chicken Wings. I also read that their fried rice noodle with beef is a must order too.

Huai Bin said...

I bought the tickets during one of the sales, it's only RM 210 from KL to HK. The return one was zero fare.

That was months ago though so travel date is after next month.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind bro!

BTW, do you know any cheap hotels in HK which is close to town?