Custom Search

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mille Crepe from Nadeje Patisserie Cafe

I've been reading about this piece of pastry called Mille Crepe a lot from blogs. In Klang Valley, one can get it from Food Foundry in Happy Mansion, Section 17 which is the same row as 6 to 10 Grill & Nasi Lemak. Oh, I read that 6 to 10 has shifted to Aman Suria, which is farther for me T_T

Most blog I read states that one of the best Mille Crepe is found in Malacca and not Klang Valley. Sigh, for me that rarely drive to outer state (due to my car is not serviced enough), going to Malacca will have to wait a year or two more lol.

Ah, a few weeks ago when I came back from work in the morning (graveyard shift mah), I saw this on the table.



Surprise, surprise. Apparently my cousin sister, Meng Kuan went to Malacca with her bf and she is so nice to tapaoed some Mille Crepe from Nadeje back for us. According to Jason Mumbles, at first the Mille Crepe in Nadeje is really superb and a year later, he went back and the quality deteriorated. I don't really know because I haven't even try Mille Crepe before this lol.



I chose to eat the original flavour. Of course, it won't be as good as eating it in the cafe itself but this will have to do for now. I like the texture of each thin layer that just melt away in my mouth once in contact my saliva.




I think it will be better if eaten not more than 2 hours after buying from the shop. The one I eaten was kept overnight in the freezer but still edible and not too bad. Well, I found out that the pioneer Mille Crepe baker from Nadeje is now making Mille Crepe for delivery in Johor Bahru, KL and Singapore. You can place your order through their website, Humble Beginnings. I read Joanne Peh's blog that even the Media Corp artist purposely ordered from JB during Ah Jie (Zoe Tay)'s Birthday (it's not available yet in Singapore at that time).

Now if I am craving for Mille Crepe, I don't have to go Malacca already, all I have to do is call one of the number here.

8 comments :

Ken Wooi said...

i also havent tried it yet.. malacca, quite far la.. lol

Your sis said...

Bro,I googled this and your blog popped up.And you only wrote this today!!!

Simon Seow said...

ken: You should order from Humble Beginnings. Deliver to JB, KL and SG.

Sis: lol, maybe I'm the only one that wrote bout this for SG gua

Sandy said...

Simon, now you can get mille crepe of Humble Beginnings at Austin chase The Garden too, but limited choice

Simon Seow said...

Sandy: oh? Thanks for the heads up. I'll go try it one day in Austin Chase, never been there.

soulesscloudy said...

wow.. crepe cake... nice nice....

Unknown said...

People at Nadeje shucks!http://chocolatemaniac.blogspot.com/2011/08/famous-mille-crepenadeje-with-its.html

Daniel said...

nadeje