Custom Search

Friday, June 8, 2012

Kapal Api Coffee Party

I was invited in Facebook by Michelle to Kapal Api Coffee Party a few weeks back. I didn't really see the event until I got a call from Helen that Michelle insists that I come for the party. Since I have time to kill on a Saturday afternoon, so off I went to Nikonian Academy in The Strands, Kota Damansara.



The party is to introduce us the 3-in-1 Kopi Kapal Api, which is a very big brand from Indonesia. After watching the coporate introduciton of the Kapal Api Group, only then I know how big is the corporation behind Kapal Api coffee. Their business ranged from manufacturing coffee, coffee bean plantation, kopi luwak, cafes, candies, pastries and even coffee making machines.


To be honest, 3-in-1 coffee is not my kind of coffee because I found it too sweet but Kapal Api coffee flavour is robust and quite aromatic. It's not very sweet too. Nowadays I like to drink coffee without any sweetener, will like it very much if the distributor will bring in some of their coffee bean or even better, bring in their cafe franchise. Then I can have a taste of their latte or maybe kopi luwak.

Andrew having a discussion with Kapal Api local distributor's Managing Director.

After the party, it's time for the real show to begin. It's the auditioning for Kapten Kapal Api, the ambassador for Kapal Api Coffee. The chosen one will be doing promoting jobs and also to host a series of web-pisode of Kapal Api Coffee. I stayed back and 'kaypoh' a bit of how an audition for a web series host will be like.

Camera test being done on the Kapten Kapal Api's assistants.

Andrew showing the hopefuls how to be a host.
Besides getting paid while doing the ambassador related jobs, as a bonus after the end of the 1 year ambassador stint, the chosen one get to go for fully paid Bali trip.


After all that setting up, finally it's time to start rolling. As it turn out, the audition will be the 1st web-pisode of the series and Andrew will be the host.



The managing director and the marketing manager of Kapal Api distributor were the judges. Andrew is one of the judges too.


Waiting for their turn for the screen test. There really isn't a limit of age or sex. So, there's a good mixed of young and old, male and female.



And the audition begin. The first two did quite well and the third one not too bad too but spoke a little bit too hasty. I left after the third because I need to go home for a nap to be ready for this.




If you want to find out who was the chosen one, then like Kapal Api KAW Facebook page. You can also find out how KAW is the coffee. I think my uncle likes it, he already finished the packet that I brought home.

0 comments :