Custom Search

Monday, December 22, 2008

Chinese Dessert and Snacks at Kedai Kopi Khoon, Seapark

Simon Says: Penang done, Ipoh done. 10th of Jan 2009 will KL's turn for Malaysian Dreamgirl 2 Audition. Read about the Penang and Ipoh auditions here.

My shift starts on Sunday every week. So, usually me and my colleagues will go out and have brunch together. This also means we will get hungry again around 4 p.m. During this kind of hour there's really not much choice of food that we can choose, maybe mamak but we're sick of roti canai. Lucky there's one stall in Kedai Kopi Khoon, Seapark that's open for business around this hour. This stall sells tong sui and snacks. We like to come here for tea time when we're working on Sunday morning shift.




There are variety of choices for tong sui and snacks here. To name a few is bo bo cha cha, red beans, mak chuk, and fu chuk yi mai for tong sui. As for snacks, there's yam cake, economy bihun, chee cheong fun, yao char guai and po piah.



Variety of Chinese snacks.


One of my colleague ordered Yam Cake. I took a bite. Not too bad. One can feel pieces of yam inside and the sweet sauce and chili sauce blends really well with it.

Rating: 3.5/5



Yam Cake


They sell normal chee cheong fun and Teluk Intan (An Soon) Chee Cheong Fun. I always opt for the latter. An Soon chee cheong fun has dried shrimp and perserved vegelable in it. I never try the real thing in Teluk Intan before so I can't really compare but the chee cheong fun here is nice. This time I added in the chui pei (pork skin), fish ball and fu chuk (dried soya slice) curry. Satisfying.

Rating: 3.5/5



Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun with Pork Skin, Fish Ball and Fu Chuk Curry.



My colleague's Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun in sweet sauce and chilli sauce.


As for dessert, I had mak chuk tong sui. They added corn in the mak chuk, the first time I see this. Normally, I don't see corn in mak chuk selling from other. Not bad at all, the corn gave it a bit of different texture and sweetness.

Rating: 3.75/5


Mak chuk tong sui.


This is a good place to have some snacks and tong sui on a lazy Sunday when we want to take a break from work. I also see a lot of customers ta pao (take away) too. Kedai Kopi Khoon is located near Seapark at the other end of the shop lot behind KFC row of shop. The same row with The 60s Teow Chew Fishball restaurant.





Address:

Kedai Kopi Khoon
Jalan 21/19, Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.

Google map here.


Other ppl's view:

KY Speaks

3 comments :

rokh said...

did not realize the tong sui stall there. i love the chee cheong fun there, kinda north style, blog before bout this place. i should revisit to include tong sui! :)

tanalan2 said...

Brother, Teluk Intan CCF is meant to be taken with just a dash of soya sauce n pickled green chilies !!! Thats how we eats it there !!!!!

Simon Seow said...

rokh: yah, you should.


tanalan2: yah, I ate it with pickled green chilies a few times, that day want to try different thing. I will so like to go to Teluk Intan to taste the real thing lol.