Custom Search

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

HH's Wedding Dinner, West Lake, Sunway Resort Hotel

December, I think is a good month for the Chinese to get married because so many of my friends are getting marry this month. So, early this month, I was a heng dai (brother/ku li/front liner/bodyguard) for my friend of many years (since high school) HH. I literally have to eat shit (made of chocolate and banana) out of a pampers when we go to get the bride from the hotel room. You know lah, there's always games, traps, barricades, quiz, and etc before the bridegroom can even see his bride's face.





Warning: Gross picture ahead









Chocolate Banana Cake?


Warning: Tidak Ditanggung Halal

Okay. Gross stuff aside. Let us go to some real good food that I had during the wedding. First off is the roast whole pig waiting for us in HH's house after we pick up the bride and the chi muis. I personally tell the chef to cut me a "sa lei tuk" (I think it's the upper pig shoulder, I might be wrong) (buttock according to Lisan. Thanks.). This is like the best cut of a roast pig. The skin is so crispy, the whole piece just melted in my mouth. OMG. The best roast pig I've eaten so far. Maybe it's because, the sifu just started to cut it and it was just out from the roaster not long.



My "sa lei tuk" on top of my hakka yong tao fu. My friend purposely go to find to caterer from a hakka village.


Halal from here onwards.

Fast forward to the evening. I was the PA guy but there's still time in between that I can quickly wallop the dishes. The usual 4 dishes combination is not usual at all. This the first time I see lobster salad in this dish in a wedding dinner.

There's also big Japanese dried scallop with spinach. One whole big dried scallop. My "yan ching" (money gift) might not be enough for the whole feast :p


Australian Lobster & Japanese Dried Scallop Combination


Next up, as usual is the shark fin but in this dinner, nothing is the usual at all. Here, there's no diluted and thinly sliced shark fin, instead we have a generous amount of crab meat and a whole pieces of 'Chong Bao' shark fin. The crab meat and shark fin is enough to filled up two bowls for each of us. (Okay, our table is 1 person short but still.)



Braised 'Chong Bao' Shark Fin Soup with Crab Meat


They also provide beansprout and ham slices as optional condiment to the shark fin soup. This is the first time I see this comes with the shark fin soup.


Ham Slices & Bean Sprouts


Next is a scallop dish again but this time it is fresh scallop. The size of the scallop is quite big too. The mushroom is also very fresh, I especially like the crunchiness of the lotus root. So sweet and crunchy.


Szechwan Style Sautéed Scallop with Assorted Vegetable




Assorted Vegetable - Lotus Root, Asparagus, Wood Fungi, and Oyster Mushroom


After that is the steamed fish. Nothing to unusual about that except that it's very fresh. The sauce also quite good.


Steamed Bamboo Fish in Hong Kong Style



Feels so like biting it right now.


Next is one of my favourite dish of the night, lucky I eat it while it's still warm. Why? Because there's cheese in the dish. Big ass tiger prawn in cheese. The sauce is so cheesy and creamy. The prawn is fresh and succulent. The prawn head is exceptionally distinct. It's too hard to describe.



Baked King Tiger Prawn with Cheese & Superior Stock

I was eager to dig into the prawn hence this picture is taken very quickly.


This is the last dish that I was able to snap a picture. Were busy going around to drink with the guests when the bridegroom and bride went to "geng chao" (toasts to the guests). It look plain but the ingredient used is not so plain. Chilean abalone and sea cucumber. Nice.



Stewed Chilean Abalone with Sea Cucumber and Gluten

The rest of the dishes are:

Braise Ee-Fu Noodle with Sliced Chicken (Not bad)

Sweetened "Bai Nian Hao Hou" with Lotus Seed (Normal)

Chinese Pastry in Two Varieties (Normal)

This is one of the best wedding dinner that I've ever eaten. Lastly, I want to congratulate HH and WC again. Fast, fast make babies.


Address:

West Lake Garden Chinese Restaurant
Lobby Level, Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa,
Persiaran Lagoon, Bandar Sunway,
46150 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.

Tel: (6-03) 7492 8000 Extn. 3181
Fax: (6-03) 7492 8001

Lunch:
12.00noon - 2.30pm (Mon - Sat)
10.00am - 2.30pm (Sun & Public Holidays)

Dinner:
6.30pm - 10.30pm (Mon - Sun)

11 comments :

molly said...

Dont worry your friend only pay for half of the price because the rest could be recovered from Ang Pow. He he he Am I too much!

eiling lim said...

wow eating "shit" out of the pampers is something original. thanks for the great idea!! I bet it tasted good!

Lisan said...

Sa lei tuk = Buttock

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

when is it ur turn???

Wen Pink said...

Omg tat pic is sooooo gross! Bluehhh!!! Luckily i had my dinner already!

Simon Seow said...

molly: nope, that's a fact lol

eiling: yupe, tasted not bad, I like banana. Friend tying the knot soon?

Lisan: Ah, thanks, hence the fat slurp slurp

Joe: after you

Wen: Look gross but taste not bad.

Anonymous said...

Did you have to take a taste, or finish it all? Freaking gross. Pampers has a certain smell too. But kudos to you, you're a true heng dai! :)

Hayley said...

pardon me.. but the 1st pict really looked like shit. ewww... ;p

Simon Seow said...

Jenny: I finished it, didn't use my hand too.

Hayley: That's the point, the chi mui want to make it look like shit and they succeeded.

Baby: Secret ;)

Penang Tua Pui said...

the tiger prawn make me drool too

Anonymous said...

ABALONE... scallop... huge prawns *faints*