Custom Search

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Itacho Sushi (板長壽司), Terminal 3, Changi Airport, Singapore


Hello everyone. I've arrived safely in Singapore although the flight is not exactly a smooth ride due to minor turbulence because of bad weather. Once I've reached Terminal 1 and switch on my mobile phone, I got a SMS from my sister telling me to take the shuttle train to Terminal 3 to meet her for lunch at Itacho Sushi (板長壽司).

For those of you that watches programs from Hong Kong TVB would be very familiar with Itacho Sushi because they are the sponsor for some of the TVB's popular game show such as the Super series (将门人). Itacho Sushi is owned by Taste of Japan Group from Hong Kong. It seems that recently they've expanded to Singapore. I didn't get to try it when I was in Hong Kong but hey, I can do it now in Singapore.



I started off with Avocado Crab Salad SGD$6.30++, I'm a fan of avocado and salmon roe. If I see the item in the menu has any of these two ingredients, chances is high that I will order. Very refreshing salad, the avocado is nicely ripe. The only downside is that the crab meat is not real crab meat -_-


Cod Fish Liver SGD$9++, yums. Although it's not as creamy and flavourful as the Ankimo (Monk Fish Liver) that I had in Tomton but still this not too bad.



Currently there's a promotion on Yellow Tail (Hamachi). One piece of Yellow Tail nigiri sushi only cost SGD$1.90 instead of SGD$2.40. I tried the one with Black Truffle Sauce. Hamachi itself is already a nice fish, with the black truffle sauce, it's just added a new dimension to it.


Uni (sea urchin) SGD$8.20++ and Ikura (salmon roe) SGD$3++ gunkan sushi are my favourites. I will say that the uni and ikura here are fresh. 一乐也.


Last but not least, Wagyu Beef Roll SGD$13.60 (I forgot which prefecture the beef is from, most definitely not Kobe). It's not easy to find beef sushi in Malaysia, cooked one yes but not raw beef. Never thought beef sushi can be this nice even my mom and sister give a thumb up. Tender and fresh.


Overall, the quality of the food here it good albeit the so call crab meat. Price is quite reasonable for the quality ingredients it's serving. Go for their promotional items and one can saved up quite some money.



Address:
Itacho Sushi
Outlet 1 : ION Orchard #B2-18, 2 Orchard Turn
Outlet 2: Plaza Singapura, #02-35, 68 Orchard Road
Outlet 3 : Bugis Junction, 200 Victoria Street, B1-05
Outlet 4 : Changi Airport T3, 03-30/31
Outlet 5 : JCube 02-35
Singapore, Singapore

Today 11:00 am - 10:00 pm

0 comments :