Custom Search

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Restoran Fam Cham Mei (返寻味) Fish Maw Noodle, Segambut

During Hari Raya, around my housing area in Taman Sri Sinar, I found that not only Malay or mamak restaurant closed for the holiday but most Chinese kopitiam there also closed for a day. I think this is because almost all their workers are Indonesian that also celebrate Hari Raya. So, they have to give a day off to their workers.

Since my usual kopitiam was closed for the day, I'll have to look for other eatery. At first I plan to go to my favourite Vietnamese restaurant (Ka Hing Special Vietnamese Flat Rice Noodle Restaurant) nearby but then I noticed a new eatery opened next to it. It's been quite a long time I didn't passed by this side so I didn't know there's a new place here.



Restoran Fam Cham Mei (返寻味) literally means come back for more after you've tasted it once. It seems that they specialized in Fried Fish Head Noodle but they are also selling other fish related noodles such as Seafood Noodle, Mud Carp Fish Head Noodle, Raw Fish Head Noodle, Crispy Fish Fillet Noodle, Fish Paste Noodle, Fish Maw Noodle and also fried and soup dumplings.



What caught my eyes is of course the the Fish Maw Noodle because not many restaurants are selling it like this way. So, I ordered a bowl of Fish Maw Noodle soup. I've given an option whether or not to add vapourized milk into the soup. I chose the former, which I regretted because added milk will make me not able to taste the natural taste of the soup.

Nevertheless the Fish Maw Noodle (meehoon to be correct) is not too bad. Still I can taste the unique taste of the fish maw. The soup is not too salty or sourish like some other fish head noodle soup that I've tasted before. I woould come again to eat a bowl without the milk. Should taste a lot better to the already nice bowl of Fish Maw Noodle.


Fish Maw Noodle (RM 6.50)

If you can take spiciness, be sure to put or dip some of their homemade chili sauce. It is very hot. I started perspiring and my nose started too be runny, which is a good thing because after that my breath is a lot easier. I have a mild sinus problem. It's better than eating wasabi.


The spicy hot homemade chili sauce

I also ordered friend dumplings as side. It's nice but nothing to shout about.


Fried Dumplings (RM 5 for five pieces)


It's a blessing in disguise after all when my usual kopitiam closed. Which enabled me to discover a new eatery just 10 minutes walk from my place. I would surely come back for more as the name of the restaurant meant Fam Cham Mei (返寻味).



Address:
Restoran Fam Cham Mei (返寻味)
33 Ground Floor, Plaza Sri Sinar, Jalan 6/38D, Taman Sri Sinar,
Segambut, 51200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 012-2368131

Google map here.

8 comments :

baDboyzs said...

Throw in the chili into the fish maw thing will be perfect ! price also good , 1Malaysia TG

Simon Seow said...

badboyzs: that will be very nice for those that like spicy soup. I didn't do that because I need the soup to cool off my tongue lol.

jfook said...

it looks good to me. LOL

choi yen said...

near to my house, will go there to try the fish head noodle ;)

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

thats like another item that i prob will never find in melbourne! argh!

Simon Seow said...

jfook: it's quite yummy

Choi Yen: Have you try it yet?

Joe: well, I'll never earn the salary you can earn in Melbourne T_T

J said...

Oooh. Nice. Cheap and looks good! :)

Simon Seow said...

J: Ok ok lah the taste