Custom Search

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Imperial Treasure Nan Bei, Ngee Ann City

Warning: Tidak Ditanggung Halal

Getting over my Facebook Photo Album, I found that there's still some food that I haven't post yet for my trip to Singapore way back in May. So the next day after my uninvited visit to Nuffnang office, my brother-in-law brought us to eat dim sum in Imperial Treasuer Nan Bei, Ngee Ann City.






A typical yum cha set up.



Ruth can't wait to eat.




This restaurant is in a shopping center and part of it is not covered by wall. Boss Ming passed by here and saw me. We say hi and he went on his way.



Ruth choosing her favourite dim sum.

What's nice is that the staff that took our order can speak Cantonese, hence easy for us to order because some of the dim sum if spoken in Mandarin just feel weird. For me lah.


A long list of our orders:


Xiao Lung Bao, Wo Tip, Gun Dong Gao (Shark Fin dumpling in soup), Crystal Prawn Dumpling, and Char Siu Bao (BBQ Pork Steam Bun)



Scallop Chee Cheong Fun, Beef Meatball with Vegetable, Scallop and Spinach Dumpling, Tied Chicken Meat with 4 Treasure, Fried Salad Prawn Puff, Custard Salty Egg Yolk Bun, and Kuih Lapis



Fresh Prawn Wantan Mee, Century Egg and Lean Pork Poriddge, and Scholar Poriddge (Pork Liver Poriddge)

Well, words alone is hard to describe. Let us move on with the picture of the food.



Century Egg and Lean Pork Porridge

The texture is to my liking. Smooth and soft. You don't get the rice like feeling, that's how I like my porridge. Unless we're talking about Teo Chew style porridge. Cantonese style porridge should be like this.



Fresh Scallop Chee Cheong Fun

Just by looking at it you know it's delicious.




Fresh Prawn Wanten Mee

I recommending this for those of you who happen to come here. This is the nearest one can find that taste exactly like wantan mee you find in Hong Kong.




Fresh Prawn Dumpling

The litmus test of a dim sum restaurant. I'll say they passed with flying colours.



Gun Dong Gao

Fills with dried scallop, fish maw, and shark fins. Lovely.



Char Siu Bao

Up to the standard. For someone that doesn't normally eat Char Siu Bao like me.




Custard with Salty Egg Yolk Bun

Picture worth a thousand words.






Scallop Spinach Dumpling

Spinach is one of my favourite vegetable. Nice.



Beef Meatball with Vegetable




Tied Chicken Meat with 4 Treasures

Not too bad.



Thousands Layer Cake

My mum's favourite.




"I want more"



My sis, me and my mum. Do we look alike?




Poor Noah scratched is forehead the other night.


Okay, time for some dessert.



Lychee and Almond Jelly

Refreshing.



Red Bean Soup

Traditional.



Yong Chi Gum Loh

Hong Kong proud import.


Overall Rating: 4/5


Lastly, the picture of my brother-in-law and his children Ruth and Noah.



Fist of the Little Mantis

Address:

#05-12/13,
391 Orchard Road,
Ngee Ann City
Singapore 238872


Tel: +65 6738 1238
(Reservation is recommended to avoid disappointment)

11 comments :

Olive Poppy said...

OMG, the 3 of you look soooo alike! There's no mistaken you guys for not being related. :D

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wahhh so much food....looks like the kids learn how to camwhore from u ar?

ling239 said...

the dim sum looks very good...
but the Fresh Prawn Wanten Mee no prawns one...>.<"

Anonymous said...

Oh this restaurant.. yes.. nice food but if you go there for dinner dont ever go with the captain's recommendation. Last time we ate, we ordered one donno what fish, 3 pax the bill came out to be $375.00. Shock!

Anonymous said...

Wah.. you make me hungry nia T__T

I want dim sum too !!!!

Anonymous said...

The three of you looked so alike!

Zoe Yve said...

Noah looks like you! rofl.

choi yen said...

so many dim sum~~ I can saw a big dried scallop in ur gun tong gao's soup~~

Anonymous said...

Yum... looks delicous. Looks so good I want to eat there as well :-)

Simon Seow said...

missmall: thanks, yeah, it's difficult to lie to ppl that we're not related.

joe: no la, they're natural

ling: the prawn inside the wantan la, fresh prawn wantan, (ha wantan) get it?

etcetera: hmm.. don't go there for dinner then lol

Rose: yeah, intro me dim sum in Kuching.

jason: yeah

Zoe: he does? lol

mimid3vil: yeah damn fung fuh

accountant from JB: yeah u should go try.

simsimseow said...

Hey Bro,Yong Ji Gum Lo was actually originated from Singapore!Invented by a Hong Kong chef who worked in SG years ago.