Custom Search

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Qi Ji (奇迹), Funan DigitaLife Mall, City, Singapore

We reached Grand Park City Hall at around 4pm on the first day of the Singapore GP. I've planned to skip going to the circuit today and meet up with my sister. She then brought me to Funan DigitaLife Mall which is just opposite Grand Park City Hall, which is the hotel I will be staying during the 3 days here in Singapore.

She asked me whether I want to eat Bishamon ramen or something else. Ramen will be a bit too heavy during that time. We still have to meet up with my bro-in-law and my mum for dinner. So, she recommended Qi Ji which is just next to Bishamon.

Qi Ji is a fast serving eatery offering local delicacies. There's your Singaporean hawker food like laksa, mee siam, nasi lemak, chu cheong fun, popiah, lontong and etc. It started from a humble stall run by the Lim family back in 1984 and now it's a food chain.




I ordered Lontong. Which uses the same curry santan(coconut milk) broth that one will find in a typical Singaporean Laksa. But ketupat was used instead of noodle for lontong. There's hint of sweetness in the curry broth. Mixed the sambal and it will be a bit spicy. It's not too bad really but it just doesn't suit my Malaysian taste bud. It will really takes a "miracle" for me to get use to Singaporean curry.




Teh C Bing (Iced Tea with Condensed Milk and Sugar) is quite kao.




I took a bite at my sister's popiah. It's actually quite nice. So, if you come here, order the popiah instead of the lontong.



Well. It's actually not too bad for a light tea time here in Qi Ji but I won't purposely come here if it's not for the convenient sake from my hotel. I still like the food in hawker center or food court better.

Address:

Qi Ji
#01-17
Funan DigitalLife Mall,
City, Singapore.

Tel: +65 6283 8572
Website: http://www.qiji.com.sg
Click here for the location and public transport to get there.
Google map here.

2 comments :

eminey626 said...

lol, the name of the restaurant gives hope to others xDD qi ji, not bad! i got long time didnt eat popia already :X

Simon Seow said...

yeah, there's still other dishes there in Qiji that i've yet to try out.